From: Ian McCulloch <ianmcc@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] x86_64 optimization patches for glibc.
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 05:38:17
1 On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, Matt Randolph wrote:
2
3 > Sean Johnson wrote:
4 >
5 > > LOL!
6 > > That must be for the folk that don't mind patching glibc, but will get
7 > > upset if memcpy does strange things. :)
11 > You try to do a good turn and they laugh at you. That'll teach me.
12
13 Heh ;-) I would like to see a version of memcpy.c that DOES do something
14 malicious, without being completely obvious. This isn't Windows, a
15 seg-fault isn't going to take down the kernel, or corrupt the filesystem;)
16
17 Cheers
18 Ian
19 --