From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] sys-kernel/ck-sources
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:01:39
1 On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 12:17 +0100, José Carlos Cruz Costa wrote:
2 > and for servers? like audio servers (very responsive servers)
5 I've never personally run one, but ck-sources is good for that too,
6 based on reports on the mailing list. There is a server mode for
7 ck-sources, for servers where throughput is more important than latency.
8 I run this on my servers, but they're not exactly high utilization, so
9 no difference would show up between ck-sources and gentoo-sources on
10 them.
11
12 Bascially, ck-sources gives lower latency than mainline kernels. If you
13 care about latency (audio, video, desktops), you would do well with
14 ck-sources.
15
16 Daniel
19 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list