From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Alsa Problem With Kernel 2.6.37
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 12:06:34
1 On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > (I probably should not admit this.  If any Gentoo maintainers hear about
3 > it they would flatly refuse to help if any problems arise.  But I think
4 > that I understand the system well enough to take this approach safely.)
5
6 echo "Frank Peters" >> /cvs/blacklist
7 cvs commit
8
9 Seriously, though, lots of people use Gentoo as a starting point to do
10 lots of crazy things, since it has many of the advantages of LFS and
11 few of the disadvantages. As long as you know what you're doing and
12 don't send devs on wild goose chases nobody minds. In fact, if you're
13 doing something really exotic with Gentoo (not sure if this qualifies)
14 pr@g.o or David Abbot might be interested.
15
16 If the devs didn't like getting their hands dirty they'd probably be
17 running Ubuntu... :)
18
19 Rich