From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] gcc strange problem
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:43:11
1 2008/9/22 Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>:
2 > Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> skribis:
3 >> i've already done that the last time i've cleaned up the old versions
4 >> (about 2 weeks ago) and after that i had a world rebuild. the problem
5 >> is that this error got out today after i've rebuilt gcc (the only
6 >> version present is 4.3.1) with multilib use flag instead of -multilib
7 >> as it has been before. that's why i've tried the script after
8 >> revdep-rebuild continued to show me this breakage. also the breakage
9 >> is only on emul-linux, mplayerplug-in (just rebuilt with multilib
10 >> profile) and firefox-bin packages. so this might really be some weird
11 >> multilib problem.
12 >
13 > Then I don't know what's going on. :) Is glibc built with multilib?
14 >
15 > (Note you can get screaming from revdep-rebuild if you build gcc with
16 > USE=gcj. It is a known bug that I, and probably the majority of users,
17 > just ignore.)
18
19 i think i've found the problem: there's a libstdc++.so.6 symlink in
20 /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64_amd64/4.3.1/32/ that is broken and i think that
21 this (since qlist indicates it as belonging to gcc 4.3.1, while equery
22 b doesn't find it) is the main issue. for some reason i think that
23 portage has removed this needed file.
27 dott. ing. beso