From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Enabling debug info in Wine?
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:09:35
1 Hi all,
2 What would be a sufficient set of actions for me to take to get
3 backtrace info from Wine that would be useful to Wine devlopers? Their
4 Bugzilla folks are are saying, correctly I think, that everything
5 necessary is stripped out and that the info I'm providing doesn't
6 help. I don't see anything specific in the Wine flags.
7
8 Is this some sort of major effort required where I have to go back
9 and recompile many things on my system or is there a way to compile
10 just Wine to give them what they need?
11
12 I found this page to read:
13
14 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
15
16 I do not understand the nostrip/splitdebug topic. I do not find
17 either word in man emerge or man portage. Is this a gcc thing?
18
19 My current gcc flags look like this:
20
21 CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe"
22 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
23 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
24 MAKEOPTS="-j2"
25
26 Any comments about whether those are good or not for a
27 non-developer, desktop user type like me would be appreciated. I don't
28 mind changing cflags to get these folks what they want.
29
30 Thanks,
31 Mark
32 --