From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Glibc Update Breaks Open/LibreOffice -- Can't Downgrade
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 03:02:43
On Tuesday 05 July 2011 21:31:48 Frank Peters wrote:
> Hello, > Today my system automatically updated glibc from 2.12-rc2 to 2.12-
rc3.Shortly afterwards I tried to start OpenOffice and it would not start.The error message:
> Inconsistency detected by dl-deps.c: 622: _dl_map_object_deps: > Assertion `nlist > 1' failed! > (The same problem is reported here: > > Apparently this is due to the glibc update. A quick fix (since I
needOpenOffice) would be to simply downgrade back to glibc-2.12-r2, butemerge will not allow me to do it:
> * Sanity check to keep you from breaking your system: * Downgrading glibc
is not supported and a sure way to destruction * ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.13-r2 failed (setup phase): * aborting to save your system
> I'm not going to break my system. How do I override this? > Note: I am not using the compiled Gentoo version of OpenOffice.My
installation is the binary version from the OO web site.Also, LibreOffice, which I installed (from binary) as a possiblefix, gives the same error message.
> Frank Peters
no need for that, a simple revdep-rebuilt solves this. I saw the same with vlc - revdep and all problems were gone. LO works too. Seriously long are you using gentoo? -- #163933

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Glibc Update Breaks Open/LibreOffice -- Can't Downgrade Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>