From: Peter Hoff <petehoff@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Amoeba file system
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:53:55
1 It might actually be a Windows issue rather than a grub issue. Historically Windows has been really picky about being on /dev/hda1. I've heard rumors that newer versions are less picky about it, but then again I recall hearing rumors that you never needed to defrag ntfs, so...
2
3 I'd probably repartition and reinstall (maybe using disk images to minimize the pain). I also recall seeing somewhere bootloader settings that would trick Windows into thinking it was on /dev/hda1, but I can't recall where. It may have been back in the lilo days. tldp.org is never a bad place to look.
6 ----- Original Message ----
7 From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
8 To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
9 Sent: Monday, April 9, 2007 7:14:45 AM
10 Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Amoeba file system