From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: eselect-opengl update
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:35:03
1 Duncan wrote:
4 > This just occurred to me: You aren't running an overlay such as the xorg
5 > or xeffects (whatever their official names are, I didn't check) overlays
6 > are you? IIRC you and Beso just had a thread where he suggested the
7 > xeffects overlay, but it's possible I'm getting several threads mixed up
8 > in my mind.
9 >
10 > If you are running such an overlay, check whether that update is from the
11 > main gentoo tree or from one of your overlays. If it's in an overlay
12 > that would explain why many of us aren't seeing it, and why the straight
13 > Gentoo mirrors aren't carrying that file, too. The few that are may be
14 > combined mirrors carrying sources for some of the overlays as well, but
15 > often those sources must be downloaded from $UPSTREAM directly.
18 Yep. That's it. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I haven't
19 done much with overlays, so it didn't occur to me. Ever had one of
20 those days you couldn't do diddly right? I'm having one of those today.
25 Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
28 Mark Haney
29 Sr. Systems Administrator
30 ERC Broadband
31 (828) 350-2415
32
33 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support