From: "Florian D." <flockmock@×××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Baselayout 2 (Was: Sun and GPL)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:14:59
1 Joshua Hoblitt wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 02:33:18AM +0200, Florian D. wrote:
3 >> FYI, genkernel is creating an initrd, not an initramfs, which is the preferred way nowadays.
4 >> Information on how to setup an initramfs can be found at:
5 >> http://lldn.timesys.com/docs/initramfs
6 >
7 > Umm, I think you need to check your facts. genkernel creates a gzip'd
8 > CPIO archive named "initramfs-genkernel-arch-versionstring"...
9 >
10 true. I was confused, because genkernel does not link it directly into
11 the kernel, which would be the case, if you'd set it up manually.
12 thanks for putting me right.
13 --
14 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list