From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] unable to emerge anything
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 23:51:58
1 > i suspect that the system does some kind of damaging stuff because of
2 > the 2 versions of glibc. having 2 glibc version should never happen and
3 > i really think that that is the main problem. remove the older one and
4 > reemerge the new one and then emerge again the system.
5 > if this doesn't work, copy the /etc to somewhere safe then go here:
6 > http://www.funtoo.org/linux/amd64/funtoo-amd64-2008.02.02/
7 > get the stage3 and untar it from a livedvd or similar to the gentoo
8 > root partition. after that put again the /etc backuped to its place and
9 > then log into gentoo terminal, not kde, and try to update the world. if
10 > this still doesn't work, then ask again.
11
12 Well thank you Mark and Beso,
13 The above worked well and I think I now have my beloved gentoo back to
14 normal.
15 It's great to know that comprehensive help is available to solve even the
16 most complex problems.
17 kind regards
18 Paul
23 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
24 --
25 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list