From: David Klaftenegger <davidweb@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] traceroute
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:08:35
1 Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > ===
3 > localhost ~ # traceroute gentoo.org
4 > gentoo.org: Bad value for ai_flags
5 > Cannot handle "host" cmdline arg `gentoo.org' on position 1 (argc 1)
6 > localhost ~ #
7 > ===
8
9 Out of curiosity I asked google for further information, but all it
10 turns up is some reference suggesting changed ipv6-behavior in some
11 ancient glibc, but I'm not even sure it's really the same problem.
12
13 What I found more interesting is, that in December 2006 a Daniel Iliev
14 has had the very same problem not with traceroute but with whois [1].
15 If you happen to be the same one, can you remember how you solved the
16 problem back then?
19 For the record, traceroute works for me as well, but I won't notice
20 ipv6-related problems, since I have that flag deactivated
21
22 [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-amd64@l.g.o/msg06689.html
23 --
24 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list