From: Brian Litzinger <brian@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] USB to Serial adapter setup
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:12:38
1 On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 09:26:16AM -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I've got a USB to Serial adapter I want to use in Gentoo to talk to my
3 > Cisco devices via console, however, none of the docs I"ve found are very
4 > current (most for the 2.4 kernel), can someone point me to a good set of
5 > instructions on how to get this thing working? I've got the module
6 > compiled and installed but can't get any farther.
7 >
8 > Help?
9
10 modprobe ftdi (make sure it is built with your kernel or as a module)
11
12 use /dev/tts/USB0
15 Brian Litzinger
16 The evolution of Unix: 1970 -x, 2000 --x, 2030, ----x