From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] latest kernel and ndiswrapper
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:32:24
1 if you load at boot bcm43xx as hal should do, you have to unload them before
2 using ndiswrapper. if you want to stop them from loading put:
3
4 blacklist bcm43xx in this file:
5 /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
6 and remember that you need also the firmware in /lib/firmware if you're
7 using the bcm43xx modules.
8
9 for the scripts i don't know what you mean since i didn't find anything on
10 the forum. the only script that could be done is the one that adds the
11 modules needed for bcm43xx in the kernel, then compile the kernel, then
12 install it, then download and cut the firmware, then install the firmware to
13 /lib/firmware and then ask you to reboot. since these steps aren't difficult
14 for a user to do, i think that there's no need for a script version.
15 using wpa_supplicant is easy; just install networkmanager and nm-applet if
16 you're using gnome or knetworkmanager if you're using kde and you have a
17 fully working utility for wpa managing. you may only have some problems with
18 non-standard wpa_enterprise networks and knetworkmanager since it disables
19 some configuration options which are disabled from the standard network
20 settings. the only thing that you need to do when using networkmanager is to
21 delete /etc/init.d/net.eth0 and /etc/init.d/net.eth1 for the first and
22 second network interfaces and then do a rc-update add NetworkManager
23 default. this will change your network manager from the old ifconfig to the
24 new networkmanager.
25