From: Eduardo Schoedler <eschoedler@×××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] no boot screen, cannot see options.
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 16:54:59
1 # grub --no-floppy
2
3 grub> root (hd0,0)
4
5 ...
6
7 grub> setup (hd0)
8
9 like the Gentoo Handbook.
14 --------------------------------------------------
15 From: "Barry Walsh" <bwalsh@××××××.ie>
16 Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 1:51 PM
17 To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
18 Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] no boot screen, cannot see options.
19
20 To continue with the top-posting, I suspect he means the much shorter
21 grub-install command to resinsert the grub bootloader into the MBR.
24 Mark Knecht wrote:
25 > Sorry about top posting but that seems to have taken over in this
26 > thread. (Bad us...)
27 >
28 > What do you mean 'install' grub again? Are you suggesting that I have
29 > to do the whole process from the install guide with this version of
30 > grub?
31 >
32 > I'll have to double check python-updater. I thought I finished that
33 > step completely. The machine is currently in Windows so I'll do that
34 > in a bit.
35 >
36 > Thanks for the pointer to grub-splashes. What's up with these
37 > developers? Do they do this stuff just for the pleasure of watching
38 > 10,000 grub users have problems? Really. What's the point of removing
39 > 1 splash file and causing problems vs just leaving 1 file there and
40 > creating a separate package for folks who want more options?
41 >
42 > Thanks for all the help folks,
43 > Mark
44 >
45 > On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Eduardo Schoedler