From: Przemyslaw Hoppe <phoppe@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] G2 on an HP dv5000... need help w/ WiFi and Ethernet
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:50:56
1 Charles Read napisa³(a):
2 > Hey everybody!
3 >
4 > I just got an HP Pavillion dv5000 with the Turion 64 chip, I used the
5 > gentoo x86-64 discs and the install went well, the system boots fine.
6 > But gentoo doesnt recognize my built-in wifi (by Broadcom I think, but I
7 > can't seem to find out which chipset it uses) and it also doesnt
8 > recognize my ethernet card (I think a Realtek 8139 810x ), I have tried
9 > 'modprobe 8139cp' but ifconfig shows only lo. I haven't messed w/ linux
10 > in a while, can somebody please point me in the right direction? I have
11 > tried googling but I am evidently missing something.
12 >
13 > Thanks in advance!
14 >
15 > Charles Read
16 > --gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
19 I've been using ndiswrapper on my Compaq r4000, but few days ago I
20 installed ieee80211softmac and bcm43xx as kernel module drivers for
21 Broadcom BCM4306 and now I can use my notebook as access point or use
22 kismet :).
23
24 Try http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/ or http://linux-bcom4301.sourceforge.net/
25