From: Kyle Liddell <kyle@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] OT: CPU Temperature
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:07:29
1 On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 10:58 +1300, Joel Wiramu Pauling wrote:
2 > For amd64 chips you should be using conservative governor... not
3 > ondemand. There are issues with the way the amd64 powernow steping
4 > works, which the conservative governor does a better job of handling.
5
6 What are those issues? I've never had any trouble with ondemand, and
7 the only thing I can find is something about latency issues on frequency
8 switches, which I haven't ever noticed...is it just "better" to use
9 conservative, or will ondemand break hardware stuff?
12 Kyle Liddell
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list