From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: media-gfx/imagemagick-6.2.8.0 png -bug ?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:24:30
1 =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22R=2E_M=FCller=22?= <r.mueller@××××××××××××××.de> posted
2 44C8DEB1.7050907@××××××××××××××.de, excerpted below, on Thu, 27 Jul 2006
3 17:41:37 +0200:
4
5 > i don't know, if it is amd64-specific.
6 > after last 'emerge world' my imagemagick
7 > don't displays png-pictures and spies the following error :
8 >
9 > $display /tmp/test.png
10 > display: symbol lookup error:
11 > /usr/lib64/ImageMagick-6.2.8/modules-Q16/coders/png.so: undefined
12 > symbol: png_get_asm_flags
13 >
14 > after this i recompiled it successfully, but the same result !?
15 >
16 > any ideas ?
17
18 Have you tried a revdep-rebuild recently? Due to a the newest ~arch
19 portage getting much more sensitive with --newuse, I just remerged a whole
20 slew of things, including ImageMagick, then did a revdep-rebuild, an
21 emerge --depclean, and another revdep-rebuild, to complete the dependency
22 cleanout. Somewhere in there libpng was remerged as well. It's possible
23 whatever triggered the ImageMagick and libpng remerges here is triggering
24 your issue there, if you've not been keeping up with routine
25 dependency preventive maintenance recently.
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
33 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list