From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] eth3 - how to set up?
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 13:07:05
Il 07/02/2011 13:00, Paul Stear ha scritto:
> Hi, > I have just changed my motherboard and processor and am having trouble with my > network connection. > I am having to enter in a root terminal the following each time I boot the > system:- > > ifconfig eth3 broadcast netmask up > After this everything works as it should. > Where is this setting help? > I have read the guide but nothing seems to make a difference. > I'm sure this is a lack of understanding on my part so please help. > Paul
Hi. You can see /etc/conf.d/net Simple example config_eth0=( " netmask brd" ) routes_eth0=( "default via" ) If you want to "rename" eth3 device in eth0, the easiest way is rebuilt udev I hope that i have not confused your request Cheers -- Agostino Sarubbo ( ago ) Mail: ago@×××××××××.org Gpg: 0x7CD2DC5D Arch Tester for Gentoo Linux amd64 Admin for HacklabCS c/o HPCC at Unica