From: Jonathan Schaeffer <joschaeffer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Recovering from emerge --prune
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 06:42:43
1 Hi*,
2
3 just for improving my knowledge of the Gentoo system, I tried out the
4 emerge -P option (... well one would say reading the man page is a
5 good way to learn too)
6
7 Allwright, the system is broken but it seems that it is recoverable.
8 emerge -uDN world will recompile the libraries I've lost.
9
10 While doing this, an error occured in emerging grub. This is what
11 shows up in the config.log
12
13 ./a.out: relocation error: /lib32/tls/libc.so.6: symbol
14 _dl_out_of_memory, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file
15 ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference
16
17 And this is how the glibc was emerged previously :
18 [ebuild R ] sys-libs/glibc-2.4-r3 USE="nls nptl nptlonly -build
19 -glibc-omitfp -hardened -profile" 16,410 kB
20
21 What does this error mean and Is there a way to recover from that ?
22
23 thanks
24
25 Jonathan