From: Pete Pardoe <pete.pardoe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge --emptytree problem
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:31:06
1 Mark
2
3 It should be march=k8 and yes put only the essentials in your USE
4 flags, you can the others as required later.
5
6 Pete
7
8 On 7/10/05, Mark <whitetr6@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > I'm rebuilding my system from scratch, using 2005 and a stage 2 build.
10 > It keeps failing in the emerge --emptytree system process. I suspect
11 > my make.conf is the problem. So a couple questions...
12 >
13 > 1. On the USE flags, this time around, I put in everything that
14 > sounded like I wanted, which ended up being a very long list. Am I
15 > better off having a very short list of USE flags, as shown in the
16 > example in the docs?
17 >
18 > 2. I have -march=athlon64 in my make.conf file. My processor is an
19 > AMD64 Athlon 3200+. Is that the correct march= setting? Maybe that's
20 > my whole problem rather than my USE flags list??
21 >
22 > Thanks all,
23 > --
24 > Mark
25 > [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]
26 >
27 > --
28 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
34 Pete Pardoe