From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Python-updater line 415 error
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 12:31:36
1 On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 01:44:23 -0500
2 Lance Lassetter <lancelassetter@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > afaik, latest stable is:
6 > bash-3.2_p39
7 >
8 > might not be a good idea to run unstable stuff such as bash and python;
9 > just a thought.
12 After downgrading to bash-3.2, the problem remains. Bash
13 is thus apparently not the culprit.
14
15 My greatest fear has been realized. No one else experiences
16 this problem; therefore, I have a gremlin lurking somewhere on
17 my system.
18
19 I can't devote excessive time right now to explore this more
20 deeply. So far, only eselect and python-updater are affected
21 and I can fix both of these.
22
23 Incidentally, eselect, also a bash script, produces this error:
24
25 `ec_do_list-options': not a valid identifier
26 `ec_do_list-modules': not a valid identifier
27
28 If I rename these identifiers to
29
30 ec_do_list_options