From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Radeon driver not working
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 04:29:10
1 For a while now I've been logging into root & doing "modprobe radeon" after
2 which the screen will blank, then come back at a much higher resolution.
3 (as an aside, where do I put modules to autoload?) Since the last reboot
4 nothing happens. SDDM/KDE will not start.
5
6 I have checked all the radeon settings in the kernel, & tried booting off a
7 previous kernel with no change.
8
9 If I login to my user account & do "startx" that also fails.
10
11 I took the cover off the machine & the GPU fan is spinning. It's dusty but
12 not too bad.
13
14 I've run out of ideas. To me it looks like a HW fault but I don't know how
15 to check the GPU. It's still visible in lspci & console mode works (with
16 tiny # lines & width).
17
18 (IDK if this will be text or html, the setting is not visible on phone)