From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Request for verification - Chrome new window moved to other screens is black
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 16:42:25
1 On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 05:53:14 -0800
2 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > This is a request for anyone using Chrome, any version in portage -
8 I can't help with verification as I don't use Chrome. Occasionally
9 I'll use Iron browser, which is a specially configured version of Chrome,
10 but my system has no multiple monitors and does not use KDE so comparisons
11 would probably be useless.
12
13 My only advice would be to try and get some logging/debugging output from
14 somewhere.
15
16 You may want to start Chrome from a virtual terminal (rather than clicking
17 on an icon) in X and then examine the output that will show up in the
18 terminal window. Debugging output either from Chrome itself or from one of
19 its supporting libraries will usually be printed.
20
21 Are there command-line options to Chrome that would provide debugging
22 output? Maybe other command-line options would be appropriate in
23 pinpointing the source of the problems. You may want to examine the
24 Chrome command-line options in detail to see if anything could help.
25
26 Does Google provide a debugging build of Chrome? If so then you my want
27 to use it.
28
29 Frank Peters