From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Firefox/Firefox-bin & Flash
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 00:07:18
Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> skribis:
> Unless I am missing some crucial information, this whole 32 to 64-bit > fiasco should have ended years ago. We managed to build an atomic > bomb (Manhattan Project) from scratch in less than 3 years, but > a 64-bit Flash (as well as other software) probably won't be finalized > before an entire decade has elapsed.
That's just it: the one project was a matter of life and death and freedom and slavery for millions, while the other project isn't remarkably important, and is tailored for the benefit of stock investors. Besides, if the OS is supposed to be able to run 32-bit applications and can't then it is broken, and one actually can do something about that, because the OS is almost all free-as-in-freedom software.