From: Harry Holt <harryholt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] ati-drivers compile issues
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:28:47
1 I went to compile the proprietary drivers today from the ati-drivers emerge,
2 but nothing up to and including 8.582 will compile do to error:
3
4 * The die message:
5 * ati-drivers-8.582 requires support for pci_find_slot.
6
7 There is a bug about this here: http://bugs.gentoo.org/248118 but oddly
8 enough it's status is "RESOLVED" even though it's not. I don't know if this
9 error exists upstream or not, but I may try installing the 9.3 version from
10 ATI just to find out (if I can get through it). I know the Debian version
11 in "squeeze" works but it's a newer version as far as I can tell (version
12 numbers are really inconsistent).
13
14 Anyway, has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around it without
15 turning on PCI_LEGACY in the kernel?
18 Harry Holt, PMP