From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] xorg - now part of system?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 00:24:45
1 Hi,
2 I did the update to the new xorg-1.5 stuff this afternoon. After
3 all the messages on the list I was pretty worried it would be a big
4 problem but for me on my AMD64 machine it just worked. Thanks to
5 whoever the folks are that made that happen.
6
7 A couple of questions:
8
9 1) I see one error in my Xorg.0.log file about freetype:
10
11 (II) Loading extension X-Resource
12 (II) LoadModule: "freetype"
13
14 (WW) Warning, couldn't open module freetype
15 (II) UnloadModule: "freetype"
16 (EE) Failed to load module "freetype" (module does not exist, 0)
17 (II) LoadModule: "glx"
18
19 (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions//libglx.so
20 (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
21 compiled for 1.5.3, module version = 1.0.0
22 ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 1.1
23
24 What's that about? IS this stuff just left over from long ago and
25 should be removed from xorg.conf or is something not working?
26
27 # This loads the font modules
28 # Load "type1"
29 # Load "speedo"
30 Load "freetype"
31 # Load "xtt"
35 2) I'm surprised that this update happened with emerge -DuN @system. I
36 didn't remember X as being part of system. Has something changed or is
37 this possibly being driven by some USE flag change somewhere?
38
39 Again, thanks to the folks that made this work.
40
41 Cheers,
42 Mark