From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE is dead...
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:02:25
1 Well, I've picked up the habit from my computer science teacher of naming
2 variables and files things like doofus, fool, etc. The project I was working
3 on was a program that would download and replace itself as an upgrade. It
4 never worked because java would always change a few characters, but I guess
5 something downloaded a lot. I may have also created a disk image I was using
6 for something, and then forgot to delete it. I tried to open it with nano,
7 but it crashed the computer, which would make this the first time. I have a
8 gig of RAM, and that file was on a 30 gig partition, so I don't even want to
9 know what happened when nano tried to read the entire file into RAM. I did
10 shutdown -HF now at one point and fsck checked out fine. I'll have to do
11 that again, considering I just deleted a several gig file.
12
13 Thanks,
14 -Peter
15