From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Help! New install and New User to linux - Gentoo!
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:42:56
1 what are the exact contents of /boot/grub/grub.conf?
2 suggest eliminate the initrd stuff and that the kernel line be simply:
3 kernel <grub designator for drive and partition where /boot is>/boot/<the
4 kernel name exactly as appearing in /boot> root=/dev/sda6
5 ----- Original Message -----
6 From: "Christopher E" <sensory.access@×××××.com>
7 To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
8 Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:44 PM
9 Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Help! New install and New User to linux - Gentoo!
12 > hello All,
13 >
14 > I have been for the last couple of days (4) days trying to get this
15 > system up and running and I am having a number of probs and below is a
16 > list of them
17 >
18 > I get all these errors when booting up:
19 >
20 > !! The root block device is unspecified or not detected
21 > at the prompte I can type in /dev/sda6 and it will boot then the
22 > following comes after this
23 >
24 > mkdir: Cannot creat directory '/newroot/tmp/.initrd':
25 >
26 > Failed to load pcspkr [!!]
27 > Failed to load skge
28 > Failed to load ati_remote
29 > Failed to load dm_mirror
30 > Failed to load dm_mod
31 > Failed to load pdc_adma
32 > Failed to load sata_mv
33 > Failed to load ahci
34 > Failed to load sata_qstor
35 > Failed to load sata_uli
36 > Failed to load sata_sil24
37 > Failed to load lidata
38 > Failed to load sl811_hcd
39 > Failed to load usbcore
40 >
41 > Sincerely,
42 > christopher
43 >
44 > PS: this help is NOT for personal or commaul gain its for a non-profit
45 > org project
46 >
47 > --
48 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list