From: Branko Badrljica <brankob@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Change Install Prefix
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 23:25:13
1 Duncan wrote:
4 > I hadn't thought of that use of binpkgs, but yes, it should work. =:^)
5 > If you're advanced enough at scripting to be thinking about it, then
6 > great, and the overlay thing above shouldn't be too bad of a challenge,
7 > either.
11 Question that comes to my mind is why isn't this implemented in portage
12 as it is as it's very useful tool.
13
14 With it, one could take a disk from machine with hopelessly broken
15 system, connect it to good machine and reemerge broken packages, for
16 example. Or, say, emerge packages on fast machine and install them to
17 slow machine etc etc.