From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problems with 32 bit binaries
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:45:02
1 On Tuesday 21 February 2006 15:41, Marco Matthies wrote:
2 >
3 > Can you run /usr/lib32/openoffice/program/soffice.bin ? This is the
4 > program ultimately called, before setting up lots of environment vars
5 > etc.
6 >
7 > Maybe you should also consider running amd64 and only unmasking those
8 > packages where you really need a newer version, though I cannot
9 > guarantee this would spare you of this error, of course. I do have
10 > openoffice-bin-2.0.1, mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.1-r1 and
11 > mozilla-thunderbird-bin-1.5 running fine here on amd64, though.
12
13 Also try specifying LC_ALL="C" and unsetting all other language variables.
14 From the error message it seems that you are using a non-english locale.
15 That might be the cause. Openoffice has had it's share of problems with
16 it. Perhaps it's now gtk's turn. It could however also be something as
17 silly as a broken font that freetype chokes on.
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze
23 Gentoo Developer