From: David Boucher <bouda1@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Modular Xorg and xscreensaver
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:38:28
1 Le samedi 29 avril 2006 à 14:53 +0000, Ferris McCormick a écrit :
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, David Boucher wrote:
6 >
7 > > Le samedi 29 avril 2006 à 05:00 -0700, Duncan a écrit :
8 > >> David Boucher posted <1146304057.16695.17.camel@denebe>, excerpted below,
9 > >> on Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:47:37 +0200:
10 > >>
11 > >>> Since I installed modular xorg, my monitor does not suspend. A
12 > >>> screensaver is lauched after 15mn of inactivity. But one hour later, my
13 > >>> monitor is always awake.
14 > >>>
15 > >>> My graphic card is an nvidia, the driver is given by
16 > >>> nvidia-kernel-1.0.8756.
17 > >>
18 > >> It works great here! Dual CRT monitors, but I don't do slaveryware, so
19 > >> I'm running an ATI Radeon 9250, about the last and most advanced card to
20 > >> have full freedomware support, both 2D and 3D/OpenGL. Both my monitors
21 > >> sleep just fine, using KDE configured appropriately for monitor
22 > >> sleep/suspend.
23 > >>
24 > >> Emerge xset if you don't have it merged (you probably do as I believe it's
25 > >> a dependency somewhere along the line), and run "xset" in a terminal
26 > >> window (konsole, xterm, whatever) to get a list of the parameters and what
27 > >> they do. In particular, take a look at the dpms options, then try them
28 > >> and see what the results are. If you can xset force off or whatever and
29 > >> have it work, you know it's working, it's just not getting configured to
30 > >> do it. If that doesn't work, maybe it'll generate an helpful error
31 > >> message telling you what's missing.
32 > >
33 > > Thanks for your answer.
34 > >
35 > > I have tried xset dpms force off on my computer, the screen changed to
36 > > blank but the monitor is not off, its power led is still green...
37 > >
38 > > Moving the mouse regenerates the screen, and no warnings are given by
39 > > the command. It's as if all were ok.
40 > >
41 > > On my wife's computer, (a Debian Linux), the same command switches off
42 > > her monitor. The computers are approximatly the same.
43 > >
44 > > This seems very strange, doesn't it ?
45 > >
46 > > I wonder if my monitor is not broken down...
47 > >
48 > > Any idea ?
49 > >
50 > > Thanks again.
51 > >
52 > > David.
55 > Double check your xorg.conf to make sure you have
56 > Option "DPMS" "on"
57 > in the monitor section. Without it, you will see exactly what you are
58 > describing. I am running xorg-modular + nvidia + some Samsung monitor,
59 > and DPMS works fine. But without the DPMS option, it works just like
60 > your is.
61 > (Oh, yes, this is an amd64 system, even though my signature says sparc.)
64 > > --
65 > > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
68 > Regards,
69
70 You are right ! That was the reason. Thanks !!
71
72 Cheers,
73 David.
77 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list