From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Modular Xorg and xscreensaver
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:04:29
1 David Boucher posted <1146304057.16695.17.camel@denebe>, excerpted below,
2 on Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:47:37 +0200:
3
4 > Since I installed modular xorg, my monitor does not suspend. A
5 > screensaver is lauched after 15mn of inactivity. But one hour later, my
6 > monitor is always awake.
7 >
8 > My graphic card is an nvidia, the driver is given by
9 > nvidia-kernel-1.0.8756.
10
11 It works great here! Dual CRT monitors, but I don't do slaveryware, so
12 I'm running an ATI Radeon 9250, about the last and most advanced card to
13 have full freedomware support, both 2D and 3D/OpenGL. Both my monitors
14 sleep just fine, using KDE configured appropriately for monitor
15 sleep/suspend.
16
17 Emerge xset if you don't have it merged (you probably do as I believe it's
18 a dependency somewhere along the line), and run "xset" in a terminal
19 window (konsole, xterm, whatever) to get a list of the parameters and what
20 they do. In particular, take a look at the dpms options, then try them
21 and see what the results are. If you can xset force off or whatever and
22 have it work, you know it's working, it's just not getting configured to
23 do it. If that doesn't work, maybe it'll generate an helpful error
24 message telling you what's missing.
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
30 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
34 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list