From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] XMMS and Mplayer
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:28:20
1 Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> skribis:
2 > On 10/24/06, Mauro Maroni <mmaroni@××××××.ar> wrote:
3 > >On Tuesday 24 October 2006 14:52, Rodrigo Gnoatto Amaral wrote:
4 > >> Xmms was Hard Masked.
5 > >> It's being removed from the portage tree.
6 > >> Gentoo people suggested to use Audacious instead.
7 > >
8 > >Does anyone know if audacious is able to open cue sheets?
9 > >I have a lot of CDs in single flac files.
10 > >Any other player capable of that?
11 >
12 > Amarok apparently has this ability, although I've never used it (cue
13 > sheets that is, I love amarok long time!).
14
15 I don’t know about cue sheets, but I discovered amarok recently and
16 fell moderately in love quickly. I wish it did more things, because
17 what it does it does well.
18
19 I suspect that in the future Songbird will be popular, doing a lot of
20 the things Amarok does and more, but I think Amarok will still have
21 the nicer interface (unless you are a fan of Mozilla apps, which I am
22 not).
26 Barry.SCHWARTZ at chemoelectric.org http://chemoelectric.org
27 Free stuff / Senpagaj varoj: http://crudfactory.com (PDF)
28 'Democracies don't war; democracies are peaceful countries.' - Bush
29 (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051219-2.html)