From: Richard Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Thunderbird segfaults
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:06:43
1 Is anybody else having segfault problems with thunderbird after the latest
2 upgrade (1.0.7)? I'm guessing there was a GLSA of some sort as this
3 version was very rapidly made stable and the old version was removed from
4 portage. So, now I'm stuck without a working version. I guess I can just
5 manually untar my old binary package, or possibly dig up the old version
6 out of CVS (sure, security bugs are bad, but a non-working version isn't
7 much better).
8
9 Apparently there have been several segfault issues reported with this
10 version but these tend to be related to particular messages. In my case
11 the problem persists even after getting rid of the .thunderbird directory
12 - so it can't be profile-related (unless I'm missing something).
13
14 I was just curious if there are many others running thunderbird on stable
15 amd64. Perhaps the problem does not occur with ~amd64. I would assume
16 that somebody tested the package on stable amd64 before marking it stable,
17 but that might be assuming too much since I get the impression that not
18 too many around here bother with stable... :) In any case, I'm trying to
19 get an idea of whether this problem is unique to me, or simply the result
20 of trying to run non-~amd64.
21 --
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list