From: Mario A Wojcik <mariowojcik@×××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Problems with Serial ATA disc
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:52:11
1 Thank
2 My motherboard is ASUS A8V-MX, with vt8251 chipset.
5 Duncan escribió:
6 > Mario A Wojcik <mariowojcik@×××××××××.ar> posted
7 > 44A7247C.1010403@×××××××××.ar, excerpted below, on Sat, 01 Jul 2006
8 > 22:42:20 -0300:
11 >> 2. - Treatment to use it like scsi, but does not appear to me
12 >> /dev/sdxx (single /dev/hdd that is the reader)
15 > This would be the problem. It should be /dev/sdX.
18 >> 3. - It does not appear /dev/hdx either, because law that podria to
19 >> take /dev/hde
20 >> 4. - It tries to load by hand module sata_via, but it does not do
21 >> anything (it must be because already this loaded according to dmesg)
22 >> 5. - it deals with acpi=off with equal result.
23 >> Chipset is a route vt8251 Some of You podria to help me, really
24 >> not that but to prove (already the books were burned to me)
27 > You need to find someone with that chipset to help, if possible.
28 >
29 > What is your specific motherboard/mainboard? Someone may have it. If
30 > not, we can at least check the manufacturer's web site for it and
31 > hopefully get all the specifications, chipset, but more also.
39 ========================
40 Wojcik, Mario A.
41 ========================
42 Alquimia Informática