From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Best plan for cross compiling for i686
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 00:41:17
1 On 8/5/06, Brian Litzinger <brian@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > What packages are giving you trouble?
3
4 Well klibc needs the same ARCH trick as the kernel, but the ARCH
5 variable was getting filtered by the ebuild. There was another
6 package (firefox? thunderbird? seamonkey?) that failed trying to
7 enable some 64-bit code. Those were just the ones I found with normal
8 updates, not trying to do an emerge -ev world or anything.
9
10 I missed the setarch/linux32 trick, and I think that will fix these problems.
11
12 Thanks,
13 -Richard
14 --