From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: 3200+ -> X2 4000+
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:20:19
1 On 6/30/07, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 <snip>
4
5 > I bought an 4600+ boxed. And the cooler is a monster compared to the cooler of
6 > my 3200+ (from artic cooling). With builtin heatpipes and everything. At
7 > least it regulates himself nicely - as long as my room is cool, the fan does
8 > not spin very fast (but when it does - and goes beyond 6300rpm, my case
9 > starts to swing, because it becomes resonant. ugh).
10
11 <snip>
12
13 I just put together a new AMD62X2 AM2 system, and have been *quite*
14 impressed with the cooler that I purchased:
15
16 http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835128009
17
18 There was a bit of an installation problem on the motherboard that I
19 have (if you look at the 3rd and 4th pictures on Newegg, you'll see
20 there are two little metal tabs sticking out on each side of the
21 bracket at the top of the picture - I had to actually grind those off
22 to get the cooler to install into the MSI K9N6PGM-F motherboard), but
23 have been very happy - the fan's maximum speed is 2000 rpm, it is very
24 quiet (very bright LEDs, but if you can live with that), and does an
25 excellent job cooling the CPU - I've not seen the CPU rise more than 1
26 degree above room temperature yet, even under heavy load....
27
28 HTH-
29
30 James