From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] "Superblock last mount time is in the future. FIXED" but it isn't...
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 18:47:38
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> skribis:
2 > Subject: [gentoo-amd64] "Superblock last mount time is in the future. FIXED" but it isn't...
3 > From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
4 > Reply-to: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
5 > Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 10:05:54 -0800
6 > To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
7 > X-Text-Classification: gentoo
8 > X-POPFile-Link: http://127.0.0.1:50000/jump_to_message?view=127082
9 >
10 > Recently my AMD64 machine has started displaying this message at boot
11 > time. I don't know exactly when it started but I suspect it was when I
12 > started testing a new kernel that didn't have the RTC enabled when I
13 > was first testing it.
14 >
15 > Anyway, what's the process of fixing this. It says it's 'fixed' at
16 > boot time but booting again does the same thing. I've got
17 > e2fsprogs/e2fsck but I'm not sure if it can be used on a mounted drive
18 > and I figured it best to ask first.
19
20 You can get that message if you have the HW clock set to local time.