From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: kde-base components blocking each other
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 11:08:36
1 Martin Herrman <martin@×××××××.nl> posted
2 40bb8d3b0906070245r6769606dm886f9b68a9702d33@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Sun, 07 Jun 2009 11:45:30 +0200:
4
6 > Pogosyan <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
7
8 BTW, I was going to mention this in my original reply but forgot...
9
10 Please kill the HTML. It's irritating for those of us who choose not to
11 activate HTML parsing for one reason (security, spam and spyware
12 avoidance, because if you have something worthwhile to say you don't need
13 HTML to say it, so we argue that only spammers, malware authors and
14 aolers need it, whatever) or another. Even you believe the reasons
15 themselves are a bunch of hooey, everyone does plain text but not
16 everyone does HTML, and killing the HTML avoids repeatedly dealing with
17 requests like this. Of course it's your call, but realize some may
18 ultimately killfile you as they would spam and malware, if you don't. If
19 you don't mind that and believe you don't need to read the replies from
20 those that would do so, it's your mail.
21
22 I don't do gmail, but there's an option in there somewhere, I'm told.
23 But the option evidently isn't entirely clear for some, I've also found,
24 and it may take a couple tries to find the option and fix the issue.
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman