From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] nvidia masking help
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:01:17
1 On 7/25/06, Steve Herber <herber@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > My nvidia based graphics system was working great until the recent X
3 > upgrade. During one of my recent package upgrades I ran afoul of the
4 > abi problem. And now I can't hit the right combination of masks and
5 > package removals to get back to my working state. Could someone tell
6 > me which packages I need to mask to restore the last working nvidia
7 > based X package set?
8
9 Here is what I have in /etc/portage/package.mask for this problem:
10
11 # breaks ABI
12 >=x11-base/xorg-server-1.0.99
13 =x11-drivers/xf86-video-nv-1.1.2
14 =x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev-1.1.2-r1
15 =x11-base/xorg-x11-7.1
16 =x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa-1.2.1
17 =x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa-1.2.0
18 =x11-drivers/xf86-video-fbdev-0.3.0
19 =x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard-1.1.0
20 =x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse-1.1.1
21
22 HTH,
23 -Richard