From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] AMD64 - Firefox, flash, java, mplayer and more....
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:56:55
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > 2) If I build a 32-bit install is there anyway to run this 32-bit
3 > environment within the 64-bit environment? I assume not.
4
5 that's exactly what a 32-bit chroot is. You run 64-bit, but you chroot
6 into the 32-bit directory which basically has a copy of gentoo in it but
7 with "athlon-xp" and i686 as it's CFLAG and CHOST settings. You're not
8 actually running two kernels.. just one 64-bit kernel, but you chroot
9 into the 32-bit environment to run your 32-bit programs.
10 --
11 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list