From: Dieter Ries <clip2@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge world via ssh
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:05:07
1 Am Sonntag 28 Januar 2007 14:36 schrieb Bo Ørsted Andresen:
2 > On Sunday 28 January 2007 12:51:08 Dieter Ries wrote:
3 > > how can i run emerge -vD world, when i only have the possibility to
4 > > access the machine via ssh for a short time?
5 >
6 > Although this has been answered I think it's worth noting that it's
7 > documented at:
8 >
9 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-tipsntricks.xml#leave_terminal
10 Hi,
11
12 you are right, but it's nearly impossible to find this page via google. I
13 tried many times, but since the chapter is named "leaving your terminal", and
14 not something like "emerge and logout" or "emerge without being logged in all
15 the time" or something similar, there are no google hits for it.
16
17 perhaps one should note that in the wiki. i have not much time, but if noone
18 else is interested in doing so, i will sooner or later.
19
20 cu
21 Dieter
22 --