From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Can't mount cdrom?
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:44:22
1 ----- Original Message -----
2 From: "Peter Martin" <pjmartin@×××××.ca>
3 To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
4 Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:52 AM
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Can't mount cdrom?
12 >> It is pretty clear the cd is at hdc, however running eject hdc(should)
13 >> and eject hdd(shouldn't) will confirm identity and the lowest level of
14 >> function.
17 sorry my typo:
18 eject /dev/hdc
19 eject /dev/hdd
20 with drawer closed first :-)
21 if you still get bash "eject not found" error post
22
23 "At the prompt I typed 'eject hdc', the result -bash: eject: command not
24 found."
25
26 to the list and see if you catch a bash jock.
29 > at the prompt I typed 'eject hdc', the result
30 > -bash: eject: command not found
31 >
32 > mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom !!Works!! you must be getting close.
33
34 are you able to see files on cd?
35 if so some invisible typo is hosing fstab, looking around i have seen people
36 claiming the error message was cleared by using auto instead of iso9660 and
37 users instead of user
38
39 try:
40 dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto auto,users 0 0
41 in fstab using spaces not tabs to separate the elements with no spaces in an
42 element
45 > Peter
49 >>> From other post, I did 'modprobe ide-cd', result;
50 >>> Fatal: module ide-cd not found.
53 >> this is as it should be, if you used yes vice m in menuconfig on the item
54 >> ata/atapi/mfm/rll support under device drivers.
55 >>
56 >>>
57 >>> Peter
58 >>>
59 >>>> That's what I was wondering as well, but I thought /surely/ it had been
60 >>>> covered already, and I must have missed it. Glad to see it
61 >>>> specifically
62 >>>> covered here, however, just in case.
63 >>>>
64 >>>>
65 >>>
66 >>> --