From: Marcel Treis <marcel@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problem emerging subversion-1.3.2-r3
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:33:10
1 On Monday 07 August 2006 12:58, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Sunday 06 August 2006 23:25, Marcel Treis wrote:
3 > > Hi, i have some problems emerging subversion:
6 > > I tried multiple versions of subversion, even stable ones ;-)
7 > > but it seems it will produce this error every time:
8 > >
9 > > /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bi
10 > >n/ ld: cannot find -ldb-4.2
11 > >
12 > > Has anybody encountered the same problem and - hopefully - fixed it?
13 >
14 > The short anwer: remerge apr-util.
15 >
16 > Subversion uses whichever db version that apr-util was linked against
17 > (multiple versions in one binary is ill advised, although the ebuild has
18 > special measures to avoid complete havoc). When unmerging db-4.2 you
19 > basically broke apr-util (which strangely enough does not by default
20 > specify the link in its library so revdep rebuild might not catch it)
21 >
22 > Paul
23
24 Thanks for that additional information. :)
25 I'm happy about every bit that makes my understand my gentoo better.
28 BTW and OT:
29 I'm reading this in my new and very wobbly and transparent and sometimes
30 non-responsive xgl. *g*
31 Problems yet to solve: I can's seem to get gnome-window-decorator start
32 automatically, and starting it into this session was some pain in the ass,
33 since my keyboard layout is broken too. (I can't switch to konsole F1...)
34 Xinerama is gone, too, but i wouldn't mind that, if i got the rest running.
35 *g*
36 I can't move windows as of yet, too, but still xgl is quite some eye-candy. :)
37 I think i'm gonna simply do the xgl stuff for xdm, and leave kdm alone or
38 something like that, so that i can boot into xgl whenever i'm feeling
39 lucky. ;-)
40
41 Everyone who wants to give it a shot: Try http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/Xgl