From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] linux-2.6.30-gentoo-r4 won't boot
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 19:53:39
1 On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 18:25 -0600, scotthathcock@×××××××.net wrote:
2 > I am having trouble getting linux-2.6.30-gentoo-r4 to boot on an
3 > Asus K8V Deluxe. It starts the boot process and then spits out a
4 > bunch of similar lines which I did not write down and don't find
5 > their way into any logs. It then halts. I have tried starting with
6 > my previous config file and starting from scratch with similar results.
7 > The processor is an Atholon 64 3200. Does anyone have a config file that
8 > has worked on this board with this kernel? Does anyone know of the
9 > offending setting?
10 >
11 > Thanks,
12 > Scott
13 >
14 For an a8v deluxe:
15 http://pastebin.ca/1553335
16
17 you probably lost your hard drive controller drivers in the upgrade.
18 libata drivers are now preferred for all drive types.
19 ext2fs is no longer configured by default.