From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE 4.1.2 issues - updated -- SOLVED
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 08:52:51
1 Beso wrote:
4 > as displaymanager i have just 4.0 (i should correct it to the newer
5 > one but it seems that for me it automatically detects changes).
6 > usually this shouldn't be necessary as the new /etc/init.d/xdm file
7 > should already point to the right location (i have different voices
8 > for kde3.5 kde4 and gnome that go and see the kdm in the {MY_KDE}
9 > directory under /usr/kde/. so if you have a look at that the
10 > DISPLAYMANAGER should point just to the right dir. if you have
11 > /usr/kde/4.1 point it to 4.1. also you should remember to install the
12 > kdebase-startkde-4.1.2 package or you won't be able to select that
13 > session.
16 Interesatingly enough the fix was rather simple. In /etc/conf.d/xdm, I
17 changed 'kde-4.1' to 'kdm' and voila, problem solved.
21 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
22 quadraturae circuli
23
24 Mark Haney
25 Sr. Systems Administrator
26 ERC Broadband
27 (828) 350-2415
28
29 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support