From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] USB scanners and udev
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:22:14
1 > Barry, maybe I should look for a more amenable scanner? This one was only a
2 > basic one for my mother a few years ago (she's now 85 and on her second
3 > computer!).
4
5 Don’t get what I’ve got, it sucks! :)
6
7 I got mine when it was already obsolete because at the time I needed
8 SCSI to go with my obsolete computer, and this scanner just happened
9 also to have USB. Using it with SCSI now would be much messier, though
10 perhaps would work better. I was replacing another, earlier UMAX
11 scanner that sucked so powerfully that the computer room had no air
12 left in it.
15 Barry.SCHWARTZ ĉe chemoelectric punkto org http://chemoelectric.org
16 Free stuff / Senpagaj varoj: http://crudfactory.com
17 'Democracies don't war; democracies are peaceful countries.' - Bush
18 (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051219-2.html)