From: Christian Aistleitner <tmgisi@×××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Multiple X with multiple Keyboards
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:10:20
1 Hello,
2
3 finally I found time to upgrade to xorg-x11 7.0.0 rc4. This time,
4 migration went fine.
5
6 Now could try the intructions of
7
8 > http://rootprompt.org/article.php3?article=9446
9
10 . Basically, it works out of the box.
11 However, the evdev lacks Xkb support. Therefore, you are limited to the
12 english keyboard layout. For my setup, I require two different layouts my
13 own customized dvorak and a german layout for the second seat). As the
14 implementaiton of the evdev driver is straight forward, I modified the
15 driver to reflect my layouts.
16
17 The second downside of this migration occurs when using more than one
18 monitor/screen/... per seat. I wanted to use 4 for the 1st seat and 1 for
19 the second. Everything starts fine and works good. -- At least until any
20 of those displays of seat one are used that are :0.0 (i.e.: :0.1, :0.2,
21 :0.3). If I move the cursor to any such display, the 1st seat hangs. If I
22 use the second seat to start an xterm on such a display, the 1st seat
23 hangs.
24
25 The synopsis:
26 If you use one display per seat, everything works out of the box. If you
27 do not want to mess with the evdev driver, you are bound to an english
28 keyboard layout.
31 Kind regards,
32 Christian
33 --