From: Joshua Hoblitt <jhoblitt@××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Identifying CPUs in the kernel
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:10:41
1 On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 03:02:59PM +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > There are two scheduling utility packages that include utilities to tie
3 > processes to one or more specific processors.
4 >
5 > sys-process/schedutils is what I have installed. It's a collection of
6 > separate utilities, including taskset, by which I can tell the kernel
7 > which CPUs I want specific processes to run on. This worked well for me
8 > since I was more interested in taskset than the other included utilities,
9 > and only had to learn the single simple command. It does what I need it
10 > to do, and does it well. =8^)
11
12 schedutils was merged into util-linux. see http://rlove.org/
13
14 ionice is part of util-linux now as well...
15
16 -J