From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: FVWM taskbar segfault on ~amd64
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 02:00:07
1 felix@×××××××.com posted 20080229170308.GA6121@×××××××.com, excerpted
2 below, on Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:03:08 -0800:
3
4 > Now I feel like some dinosaurish fool here. I cannot get a core dump.
5 > ulimit -c 90000 or -c 1 or -c unlimited tells me
6 >
7 > -bash: ulimit: core file size: cannot modify limit: Operation not
8 > permitted
9 >
10 > Setting ulimit in /etc/profile doesn't give me a core dump, in $HOME or
11 > /tmp or anywhere that I can find. Bash's help ulimit says nothing about
12 > this. I can't find anything in /etc/sysctl.conf which disables core
13 > files. Changing /etc/security/limits.conf didn't help.
14
15 You probably checked it but if you mentioned it I missed it. Does your
16 kernel include corefile functionality? I have that option turned
17 entirely off, here. If likewise there, that might explain not being
18 able to turn it on from user mode.
23 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
26 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list